- This event has passed.
Hike Mount Minsi
Join the Morris Ski Club on a moderately challenging hike as we climb Mount Minsi in the Delaware Water Gap area. Mount Minsi is directly across from Mt Tammany but is an easier hike due to a more gradual climb. The distance is about 6 miles and will take about 4 hours. The climb will offer some great views of the Delaware River and have some minor rock scrambling. We will return via a fire rood and take a side trip to hidden waterfalls. We will finish the day by going to the unique Minnisink Hotel for food and drinks.
Meeting Location: Mount Minsi Parking Lot Delaware Gap Pa
Hike distance: About 6 miles
Time: About 4 hours
Important Notes for the hike:
- This is NOT a beginner’s hike. The trail up to Mount Minsi can be challenging. It is not as steep as Mount Tammany but is not a easy stroll either.
- Hiking boots are highly recommended for climbing Mount Minsi as these trails are very rocky and there are some water crossings. .
- Daypack to carry extra clothing, sufficient water and a lunch or snack.
- Bring bug spray and sun screen
- There are great photo opportunities of Mount Tammany and the Delaware River.
- There are no bathrooms at the trail head so if you think you need to use one stop at the Pennsylvania Welcome Center.
Directions to the welcome center from Morristown:
- Route 287 North to Route 80 West.
- Take Route 80 West across the Delaware River Bridge.
- Take Exit 310 (the first exit) following signs for Route 611 South.
- Turn right at the end of the exit ramp onto Broad Street.
- At the next light turn left onto Route 611 South.
- After a few blocks make a right immediately after the Deerhead Inn.
- Take the next left into the Lake Lenape Parking Lot (Look for Appalachian Trail sign).
- The GPS is 40°58’47.2″N 75°08’31.0″W or put in Deerhead Inn Delaware water Gap Pa.
For more information please contact Paul Van Duyne Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Advanced sign up by e-mail is not required is appreciated. If the weather is questionable the status of hike will be posted on the Yahoo and Meet-up sites.