Hike Norvin Green, Ringwood NJ
June 2 @ 10:15 am - 4:00 pm
Join the Morris County Ski Club on a great hike in Norvin Green State Forest Saturday, June 2nd, 2018. The hike is considered moderate/strenuous due to the significant number of climbs including a steep climb to Wyanokie High Point. This hike will offer a number of great views including the Wanaque Reservoir and if we have a clear day a view of New York City. We will visit waterfalls and there are a couple small optional rock scrambles.
Time: 10:15 AM
Meeting Location: New Weiss Center parking lot on Snake Den Road
Distance: About 7.5 miles
Time: 4.5 hours
- This is not a beginner’s hike. There is a significant amount of climbing on the hike and some of the climbs are quite steep.
- Hiking boots and hiking socks rather than sneakers.
- Daypack to carry extra clothing, sufficient water and your snack/lunch.
- The bathrooms at the Weiss Ecology Center are now closed.
Directions to the Hike
From Morristown Area
- Route 287 North to exit 55 (Route 511 North)
- Make a right at light and follow 511 North (Ringwood Avenue) 4 miles.
- Make a left onto Westbrook Road (which is across from Lakeside Diner) and follow the signs for New Weiss Center.
- Bear left at the split and then make the second left onto Snake Den Road (You are still
following signs for the New Weiss Center).
- Bear left at the fork and park in the lot on the right just past the purple house.
- The address for the New Weiss Center is 150 Snake Den Road, Ringwood NJ.
For more information please contact Paul – Email: email@example.com. Advanced sign up by e-mail is not required, but is appreciated.
If the weather is questionable the status of hike will be posted on the Yahoo and Meet-up sites.