- This event has passed.
Hike Stokes State Park
November 11, 2017
Join the Morris County Ski Club on a 6 mile hike in Stokes State Forest on Saturday November 11, 2017. We will start the hike on the Appalachian Trail to the Culver lake Fire Tower where we will have some great views. We will continue to the hike the AT to the Gren Anderson shelter. We will then follow the Stony Brook Trail to Stony Lake. After circling Stony Lake we will hike back to our starting location. After the hike we will go to the Carriage House (previously the Blue Ribbon Inn) located on Culver’s Lake.
Important Notes for the hike:
- Hiking boots are preferable to sneakers as the trails are rocky, especially the Appalachian Trail.
- Bring a daypack to carry extra clothing, sufficient water and a snack.
- There are no flush toilets at the parking area. There may be a port-o-potty in the parking lot. If you need to use the facilities stop before you arrive.
- If weather conditions are unfavorable for Saturday November 11th I may postpone the hike to Sunday November 12.
Directions to the hike location from Morristown:
- Route 287 North to Route 80 West
- Route 80 West about 10 miles to Route 15 North Exit 34B
- Route 15 about 17 miles straight into Route 206 North
- Route 206 North about 6 miles.
- Turn right onto CR 636 (Mattison School Rd). (Look for the 4 signs indicating Culver Lake Upper North Shore, Sunrise Mountain Road, Space Farms, and Appalachian Trail).
- After .2 mile, turn left onto Sunrise Mountain Rd. Go Slow. The Appalachian Trail parking lot is immediately on the left and Sunrise Mountain Road is a one way after it passes the parking lot.
- GPS coordinates: 41.180204,-74.787948)
For more information please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Advanced sign up by e-mail is not required, but is appreciated.
If the weather is questionable an e-mail will be sent through the Yahoo Group Site regarding the status
of the hike. There will also be a notification on the Meet-up Site.